Build USB boot drive for GEM (USB stick #1)
- Download the GEM Firmware to a Mac OS machine.
- Open the terminal on the Mac OS machine.
Press Command + Spacebar, and type “ terminal ” to open it.
- Enter the following command on the terminal prompt:
# diskutil list
- Insert your USB #1 stick and wait for 5 seconds.
- Enter diskutil list again
- Take note of the name of the USB #1 stick (it will be something like /dev/disk4)
- Enter diskutil unmountDisk /dev/diskx (where x is the disk number you noted in step 6)
- Enter sudo dd if=<inputfile.img> of=/dev/rdiskx bs=1m (where x is the disk number you noted in step 6)
For example, we download the file .img in path Downloads/*.img, so here is the command.
- Enter your password for sudo if prompted and wait till this process finish
diskutil eject /dev/diskx
(where x is the disk number you noted in step 6)
Build USB with scripts for GEM (USB stick #2)
- Download the scripts from this LINK
- Navigate to gem/initial/src folder to copy all scripts in this folder on USB stick #2.