These release notes pertain to Legacy Kobiton 3.28. For Kobiton 4.3, see these release notes.
If you have any questions or would like to update your Kobiton system, please send us an email at email@example.com or contact your Account Executive.
API v2: new endpoints and enhancements
We have a number of additions and changes to API v2 as follows.
We added the following endpoints:
- Change uploaded application's default access level
- Get parsing state of an application version id
- Get devices with all specific tags
- Install an application on a device
- Uninstall an application on an API session
We made the following changes:
- Standardized the response format of APIs that update multiple objects to give meaningful error messages to each failed case
- Added two memory metrics: memory free and memory used to Get device metrics for a session endpoint
- Included a running session’s log in the response of Get a session endpoint
- Added the ability to access both API v1 and API v2 from within the Kobiton Cloud Portal
Check out the API v2 documentation site here. A quick introduction on how to navigate and try real API requests in this site, as well as the current API v2 limitations, can be found here.
Kobiton API v1 is still available until further notice. We encourage you to start using API v2 as you add new test scripts and processes.
For endpoints in API v1 not yet offered in v2, continue to use API v1.
Note: Some API v2 endpoints are not applicable for Legacy devices as the endpoint's associated feature is only available for Kobiton 4+.
Additional enhancements and bug fixes
In addition to the above, this release includes a number of minor bug fixes and enhancements to improve your day-to-day testing.